We’re committed to delivering new features for API traders, that’s why we are excited to release WebSocket V2.
Improving upon WebSocket V1, WebSocket v2 provides several improvements including:
- Authenticated channels: allows individual traders to receive notifications for changing the life cycle of an order including placement, cancellation, matching and triggering
- Channel subscription: allows for easier and more flexible integration using a single WebSocket connection
- Better data model and json format. e.g. ISO date and time
- Error handling: publishing error messages in case of issues (e.g. authentication error)
- Heartbeat message: helps client applications to better managing connections
- Using standard WebSocket instead of specific socket.io implementation
Order change events provide users with feedback during the lifecycle of an order, such as when it was placed, matched or cancelled. Fund change events give users information on deposits or withdrawals. These two additions to the WebSocket API help users to better manage their trading activities.
For more information on how to use WebSocket V2, please read our documentation at https://github.com/BTCMarkets/API/wiki/WebSocket-v2.
If you have any feedback or questions regarding WebSocket V2, please feel free to drop us a line at https://support.btcmarkets.net/hc/en-us or log an issue on our Github https://github.com/BTCMarkets/API.