Welcome to BTC Markets
Australia's leading blockchain asset exchange
To begin trading digital assets on BTC markets, the first step is to create an account. With a verified account you can deposit, trade, and withdraw Australian Dollars and digital assets.
Our 'How to Get Started' guide will help walk you through each stage of creating an account, from signing up to verifying your ID.
Getting started with us is easy!
To sign-up with BTC Markets:
- Once the account has been established, a verification email will be sent to your inbox. You need to verify your email address by clicking the 'Verify Email Address' button within 24 hours of signing up. If this email does not appear in your inbox, please check your spam and junk folders.
Now that your account has been created, you will be able to log in and complete your profile.
To complete your profile:
- Visit the profile page and enter your personal details, such as your full name, residential address, date of birth and mobile number. Please ensure your details are current, as inputting out-of-date or incorrect details here may delay you from verifying your ID.
- On the profile page, you will be required to verify your mobile number in order to save your details. This also helps us get in touch with you if ever required.
With the signup completed and your profile filled out, you can now begin the ID verification process.
To verify your account:
- Click here to go to the ID check page. Carefully read through our instructions and the terms and conditions of the verification process.
- Once you have read and understood the requirements, select 'I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the BTC Markets ID Verification process' and then click ‘Verify your ID’. This will take you to the GreenID portal where you can verify your ID.
- On the Green ID application page, you will be required to verify your identity against 1 source of government ID. Valid government ID's include Drivers license, Medicare card, Australian passport, Centrelink card or Citizenship certificate.
- Along with your ID, you will need to verify your current residential address. You may wish to verify your address using a database such as the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC). If you are unable to match your current residential address, you may verify your address using the ‘Verify by uploading a document’ option. If selecting this option, your proof of address document will need to show your full name and residential address. It cannot be an ID you have used above or a tax invoice/delivery receipt. Valid proof of address documents include Bank statements, Tenancy agreements, Vehicle registration, Utility bills or government-issued documents (i.e. Fines, police checks, etc).
- Upon completing your ID verification, please check your email for a notification. This will either inform you that your account is now verified and ready to use or, that we may require some further information to verify your account.
- If further information is required to verify your account, we will get in touch with you via email.
Got Any Questions?
If you encounter any issues throughout the signup, profile or ID verification process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by submitting a support ticket.