Flare (FLR) Distribution Updates:
The Flare Network is still in observation mode. The Network is yet to advise when this will be complete, and when they will airdrop the initial 15% of FLR tokens to BTC Markets to distribute to eligible clients.
Please note, the native token of the Flare Network is to be called "Flare" and will no longer be known as "Spark".
The Flare Network recently announced the Flare launch details (read about it here).
The key points from the article are:
- Week of the 4th July 2022 - Final audit of the token distribution smart contract code.
- On or shortly after 11th July 2022 - Flare’s mainnet genesis will occur and the network will launch in “observation mode”.
- Observation mode will last for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- After the 8+ weeks in observation mode, the initial token distribution of 15% will take place. After this point, BTC Markets will be able to distribute Flare tokens to our users.
The Flare Network recently announced that they are aiming to airdrop the first 15% of Flare Tokens on 4th July 2022 (read about it here).
BTC Markets are committed to distributing all tokens to eligible accounts as soon as possible after the tokens have been airdropped.
Flare (FLR), the native token for the Flare Network, has yet to be released. Once launched, BTC Markets will distribute FLR tokens to all eligible account holders*. As yet, no timeline has been provided by the Flare Network for when Flare (FLR) will be launched. We will continue to update our customers on any further information as soon as it becomes available from the Flare Network.
*eligible account holders: account holders that held an XRP balance on BTC Markets during the Flare snapshot at 12am UTC, 12th Dec 2020.
Songbird (SGB) Distribution Updates:
BTC Markets is pleased to advise that Songbird (SGB) withdrawals are now available from your BTC Markets account.
Please note: we will not be participating in the ExFi airdrop. Customers wishing to participate will need to withdraw their SGB tokens and make the appropriate arrangements to receive ExFi.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support.
BTC Markets is pleased to announce that the Songbird token airdrop has been distributed today.
Please note: The withdrawals feature is being finalised and we expect this to be completed by Thursday, November 4. Thank you for your patience.
We wish to advise you of the following updates relating to the distribution of the Songbird (SGB) token on BTC Markets:
- At the time of writing, BTC Markets expects the distribution of the Songbird (SGB) token to eligible account holders* to take place at the end of October 2021.
- We are currently working on the distribution mechanism and will make further announcements both here, and on social media, as they happen.
- At this time, nothing further is required of eligible account holders to receive their full entitlement of Songbird (SGB) tokens once they are available for distribution.
Please see: Introducing Songbird, the Canary Network for Flare and Putting Songbird in Flight (flare.xyz) for further information on Songbird.