BTC Markets provides a fully-featured API that allows for the integration of business applications, payment systems, and mobile apps with your BTC Markets account. The API provides functionality such as getting wallet balances, managing buy/sell orders, and requesting withdrawals as well as market data such as recent trades, order book and ticker.
Documentation and sample code are available to assist you with your application integration with the API.
To access and generate API keys from your BTC Markets account:
1. Log in to your BTC Markets account.
2. Visit the 'Account' section from the main menu, select 'API Key' and click the 'Add new API key' button.3. Name your API key and then select the access for each function of the key. Please note: 'Read & Write' permission will allow anyone with the secret key to utilise all abilities of the function you have selected.
4. Once you have reviewed the details of your keys, click the 'Submit' button, and enter your password or 2FA code to authorise the key's creation.
5. Your secret key will now appear on the screen. Important: Your secret is displayed only once upon its creation. Please ensure you safely copy and store the secret key. If you lose your secret or it has become compromised you can revoke the key's access at any time by clicking the 'Revoke API Key' button.
6. After safely storing your secret key, you can now access your public API key.