BTC Markets encourages all users still integrated with API v1 or v2, to upgrade to our API v3.
API v3 expands upon the functionality provided by API v1 and v2, offering new features that improve the user experience for market markers, traders, institutions, and anyone building on top of the API.
API v3's significant improvements include:
- Compatibility with common REST API guidelines, making it easier to develop apps using standard libraries in any/all programming languages;
- Batch processing, allowing traders to combine multiple order placements and cancellations in a single http request;
- Support for ClientOrderId, allowing traders to use their internal order id, which provides better tracking of orders;
- Simple and flexible APIs e.g. no need to make multiple API calls per market - same /orders API returns open or historical orders;
- Using http status code for error handling;
- Easier pagination;
- New features e.g. reports API, full orderbook data, and multiple market tickers etc;
- Standard data formats e.g. amount as string, date/time as ISO 8601 etc; and
- Better documentation
Please be advised that there is currently no plan to decommission API v1 and/or v2. Should this change in the future, we will advise clients accordingly.