This article provides a description of the tax related terms used across our service. For specific help relating to tax, please see our help article: Tax Help
The year spanning 1st July - 30th June. BTC Market reports for tax are available for all financial years since 2017/2018.
Date & Timestamp
The date and time at which a transaction occurred.
Our unique internal ID attached to each transaction. This ID can be used to identify any individual transaction which has occurred on your account.
- Buy Order: the purchase of a volume of cryptocurrency.
- Sell Order: the sale of a volume of cryptocurrency.
- Deposit: the addition of fiat (AUD) or cryptocurrency funds to your BTC Markets account.
- Withdraw: the removal of fiat (AUD) or cryptocurrency funds from your BTC Markets account.
- Reward: the receipt of cryptocurrency rewards earned by way of staking or an airdrop.
- Chain Split: the receipt of a new cryptocurrency due to a chain split / fork.
Aka 'base asset', this is the first asset listed in a market pair e.g. BTC/AUD - BTC is the base asset. It represents how much of the quoted asset (see below) is needed for you to get one unit of this asset.
The second asset listed in a market pair e.g. BTC/AUD - AUD is the quoted asset. It represents how much of this asset is needed for you to get one unit of the base asset.
The total amount of the cryptocurrency being transacted.
The price of the cryptocurrency at which the transaction was executed.
The fees, expressed in AUD and inclusive of GST, charged on the transaction.
The total absolute value (cost or proceed) of the transaction, inclusive of fees, expressed in AUD.
If you would like further guidance on crypto tax, please refer to the ATO’s website on transacting with cryptocurrency.
For more information about Tax Residency Status, please refer to the ATO's website on Your tax residency.
If you require any additional support or have further questions, please see our help article: Tax Help