At BTC Markets we currently offer three methods to deposit AUD into your account: card deposits (web only), Osko (PayID) and direct deposit using an individual BSB and account number.
For card deposits, we currently only accept funds from Australian issued Visa or Mastercard credit and debit cards.
How to deposit using a bank card:
- Sign in to your BTC Markets account via the website (card deposits are not yet available on the mobile app)
- Select 'Account' in the menu bar, and then the 'Deposit' tab
- Select 'Card' from the drop-down menu'
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Click Continue
- Enter your card details
- Review your information and the deposit summary (including any associated fees) and click 'Confirm'
- You may be prompted to complete a verification step by your card issuer as an extra security step.
- If your card deposit has been successful, you should see a success screen
The name on the card should be the same name on your BTC Markets account, deposits made from a different name may be delayed.
What card types do you accept?
Only Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit cards from an Australian banking institution under your name will be accepted.
We do not accept the following cards:
- International Debit or Credit cards
- American Express cards
- JCB (Japan Credit Bureau) cards
- Crypto Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
- Prepaid Gift cards
How fast are card deposits?
All Card Deposits are usually credited instantly, but can vary between banking institutions.
If it's your first card deposit, it can take up to 24 hours to arrive depending on your bank's security measures.
Are there deposit limits on card deposits?
Yes, there is a minimum deposit amount of $30, and a daily deposit limit (see your account for details).
Deposits over your daily deposit limit will be delayed. If you need to increase your daily deposit limit, please request a limit increase.
Are there fees associated with card deposits?
Yes, BTC Markets charges a fee of 2% to cover our card processing costs. This fee will be added onto your deposit amount e.g. if you want to deposit $100, then BTC Markets will charge $102 to your card.
Your bank may also charge fees for depositing using card.
If you have further questions or need help with deposits, please contact our support team.